How to Create a Daily Construction Project ReportTweet
In Construction Industry Documentation plays a pivotal role.Not only we have to document key points but also each every detail happening in the project must be documented.To smoothen the operational flow a construction daily report must be created at the close of business Hours each day in order to make an accurate ,comprehensive and consistent report.
In this article we will discuss how to create a daily construction report and powerful tools to use for crafting a flawless construction report.
What is Construction Project Report
A complete analysis of day to day progress happening in the Construction Site can be termed as a Construction Project Report.It is that comprehensive list that consists of all the work done, success or delays,safety incidents,equipment usage,work site visitors,and any other relevant details that occurred during the day.
It helps the Construction Project Managers , contractors and Site Managers keep track of the work at the Construction Site and verify the minute details and see that the project is within the budget and operating as per the schedule.
It contains important information about the crew , weather,hours worked , project phase and incidents or disruptions that may delay the project.These daily reports give a clear picture to the stakeholders and subcontractors regarding the current status of the project.
It ensures that every one working on the job is working from the same document.
Step by Step Method for creating a Daily Construction Report
A lot of Important information is stored in a daily construction report, and it is important to have someone who is familiar with the project and always present at site to be consistent to be completing the formality of documenting the construction report every day.
- Assign a Site Manager or a Foreman who will commit to create and submit the report every day.
- Use a construction daily report template that is easy to understand and will not take quality time for the official to fill it out.
- A Construction daily report must contain all the equipment and hours in operation, names of the subcontractors and time on-site, job's progress, and signature of the assigned person to confirm the validity of the report.
- The construction daily report should be created in such a format that should include job details, weather and precipitation, workforce and instruction given, materials and quantity, delays, and risks incidents observed at the site.
- Depending on the preference the Daily Construction Report should have a cover page or a header Title at the Top of the Page, the project name ,the date , the location of the worksite must be mentioned in the cover page.
- The report should include a crew list section who were on the site on that day. The list should be organised by the Project Manager and include the number of workers present in that team as well as the total number of manhours worked by each group.
- The Site Manager should also create a list of all the heavy machinery used in the project site and the number of active hours each piece of equipment was used in each day.If a piece of machinery is left idle on the work site, it should be recorded on the report accordingly.
- The site manager should also document when each piece of equipment arrives and leaves a work site. For instance, a crane will not be brought to and from the work site each day ? it will arrive at the beginning of its use on the project and will be dismissed when crane work is complete.Keeping an accurate record of equipment use on a work site allows stakeholders to identify opportunities to increase efficiency.
- The Project Manager must perform a daily inventory list and outline the expenses incurred on the project.If a material delivery was scheduled for that day and did not arrive, this should be recorded in this section
- In the Daily Construction Report there should be a separate section for Potential Delaying Events.For instance, an equipment malfunction would be recorded under the Equipment in Use/Idle section, since that machine in question logged idle time for however long it was out of commission that day. But if that malfunction was significant enough that it may have set back overall work progress by any length of time, it should also be recorded as a Potential Delaying Event.
- The Daily Report should also include the safety protocols. The Site Manager should thoroughly evaluate the guidelines about Safety norms.The safety section should also include any accidental events occured in the past , otherwise potentially dangerous events occured.
Reporting is a crucial aspect of Management. Though reporting at a junior level may sound tedious , but the information in this reports help the employees to track their progress. The daily construction Report enhances transparency in Communication and helps in Team Engagement. Once the daily report is created it will establish a consistent record of the project's progress, it will help to reveal the pattern and opportunities for improvement in the Construction Site.
To streamline the work process the Daily Construction Project Report is a mandate for each and every Construction Site.