Compos - A Software for structural analysisTweet
Compos may be a useful software which will be use for beam analysis & design. With this software, the users can evaluate the impact of employing the damping systems on composite floors.
Compos can efficiently manage changeable slab widths and thicknesses also as measure the response factor from footfall-induced vibration (composite beam footfall). The program can easily manages tapering plate girders and web penetrations and notches, with or without stiffeners. Compos is preferred by several engineers for complete composite beam analysis.
Compos facilitates the users to form design to ultimate and serviceability limit states, like vibration frequency, deflection, beam weight and depth. Beams are related jointly, in order that secondary beams load becomes primary ones.
The engineers use this software to analyse and style composite steel beams at construction and final phases along side automatically selection of beams and studs.
- Connect beams together, in order that secondary beams load primary ones
- Automatic Section Design is dependent on minimum weight or minimum depth - Compos can automatically design a steel section from the national and international section database to fulfill code requirements and other criteria indicated by the user
- Automatic Stud Design - Compos automatically designs quantity and distribution of shear studs or verifies your arrangement
- Selection of load types - area, UDL, point, linear, patch, triangular, and moment loads
- Catalogue or user defined decking profiles, plus solid slabs
- User specified or automatically worked out effective width of concrete slabs
- User defined or standard materials along with steel, concrete, reinforcement and studs
- User defined or code specified material partial safety factors and load partial safety factors
- Design for propped or unpropped construction
- Footfall caused vibration checks – work out the Response Factor
- Resotec - analyse the impacts of utilizing Richard Lees damping system.
- Tapering plate girders
- Variable slab widths and thicknesses
- Analysis and design of composite steel beams at construction and final stages along with automatic beam and stud selection
- Web penetrations and notches, with or without stiffeners, analysed in accordance with the Steel Construction Institute Publication 068 "Design for Openings in the webs of composite beams"
- Design to ultimate and serviceability limit states, such as vibration frequency, deflection, beam weight and depth
- Construction stage design of steel beam, like moment, shear and lateral torsional buckling buckling capacity at construction stages
- BS5950: Part 3:Section 3.1: 1990
- BS5950: Part 3:Section 3.1: 2010 amendment
- EN 1994-1-1:2004 Eurocode 4
- EN 1994-1-1:2004 Eurocdoe 4 (UK)
To get more detail information, go through the following link www.cesdb.com